“Huddle Up: Let’s Talk Obesity” aims to educate and inspire our members and men to open up about obesity and seek help. Many people may not be aware of the issues that impact their health when living with excess weight, which is why this campaign is so important.
Did You Know?
- Four out of 10 Americans live with obesity – that means we all know or love someone who may be struggling with their weight
- More than half of our NFL Alumni live with obesity yet only a small fraction thinks of their weight in this way
- Living with excess weight can lead to serious health issues like type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, fatty liver disease, hypertension, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis and heart failure if not addressed
- People with obesity have a higher risk of severe illness or hospitalization from COVID-19
- Many factors beyond healthy eating and physical activity contribute to gaining excess weight, such as genetics, hormones, behavioral habits around sleep or stress and physical as well as social environments
Leave A Comment